Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me through your eyes

What do you see when you look at me?
The man I am or the man you want me to be
The man I was or the man I could be
The man I want to be or the man I should be
The man you need me to be or the man He made me to be
A man flawed and uncertain or the man you admire
A man you could grow to love or the man you do love
A man whose needs overwhelm you or a man who lifts and inspires you
A man you could make do with or a man you wouldn’t want to be without
A father or a sperm donor
A giver, supplimenting your needs, or a taker, draining life and love out of you
A friend that could grow to be a lover
A lover that could grow to be a friend
A brother to call on and lean on
Or a name you hold in detest and shame
Do you see me for my flaws, who I am or who I could grow to be?
As a man striving to constantly better himself, to improve
Or a face wallowing in what once was
Be my mirror; let me see myself through your eyes
Tell me what you see when you look at me

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful..
    No better words describe it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete